Software Development Engineer in Test
PTQA Residential Voice is chartered with quality assurance, integration, automation and manual testing and supporting of our lab infrastructure for residential voice. We work with vendors to certify new functionality, equipment, and fixes/patches.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems or procedures.
- Supports Lead Engineer with the architecture, design, development, technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and lead engineer to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Assists product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing products and operation requirements.
- Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements.
- Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Determines resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Provides leadership and consultative direction to the organization, department and group.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Continuous Integration of features into regression
- Interact with cross-functional teams and system management to understand the product requirements.
- Planning and configuration of network topologies to support verification activities.
- Work closely within a dynamic team to quickly adapt to requirements with understanding of stakeholders product and solution.
- Interact with developers to reproduce, analyze, and debug issues found during testing as well as replicate customer issues.
- Self-motivated, having good team spirit, with the drive to solve problems and expand knowledge.
- Minimum 1 3 years of integration, system, and functional test experience on a routing/switching platform.
- Basic knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, L2/L3 protocols (OSPF, IMS, SIP, ISIS, BGP, bridging, MPLS, multicast etc), SNMP
- Should have scripting skills & experience in Java, PERL, Python and any shell scripting language.
- Any experience in handling test tools like GL Comm, IRIS, Spectra, HP ALM, Rally, JIRA, and load generators.
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting / debugging skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication. Solid work ethic, customer focus, team player, with a "Can Do" attitude.
- Knowledge of the CSCF and cloud technology is a plus.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.