Principal Software Engineer, Digital Home
Digital Homeis looking for a PrincipalMiddleware Developer to join the team. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of Digital Home products with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role, you will collaborate with other mobile, web and embedded systems developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers. While the primary responsibilities will include systems integration across partners; you will have opportunities to contribute to all feature development aspects of the products. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building mobile applications (Obj-C, Swift) that rely on multiple web services (REST/SOAP) and that operate at scale (millions of users) as well as home automation devices and wireless mesh networks (e.g. ZigBee and Z-Wave).
- 7+ years' experience building Java-based web services and web applications
- Knowledge of Java and Python
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of source control systems (GitHubEnterprise)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with cloud computing (S3, SQS, Hadoop...)
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)
- Knowledge of source control and code review systems (Github, Jenkins, Github, Gerrit)
- Knowledge of streaming protocols like RTSP, WebRTC
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Databases SQl is a plus
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer