Manager, Product Management
Responsible for managing product management lifecycle for multiple products, or
one strategic product. Serves as a major resource to cross-functional teams (product, operations, technology, sales, sales engineering and marketing) in leading and developing product launch plans. Coordinates among a wide range of internal and external resources to ensure that products
get to market per specifications, within budget, and on schedule.Leads cross-functional teams to envision new product features.
Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Provide guidance in developing processes
and procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the
development of, and meeting of, departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to launch new services,feature,s and enhancements on time and within budget.
- Gathers input to define product concepts. Justifies expenditures for products. Defines and analyzes markets. Evaluates technologies. Develops detailed product features and requirements, and develops implementation plans.
- Participates in product modification, cost reduction, margin analysis, advertising and promotion, forecasting, product positioning, and pricing strategies.
- Accountable for profit and loss or budgetary management for assigned products.
- Directs the product planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, inventory requirements and materials availability.
- Establishes and implement policies and procedures needed to achieve goals.
- Develops, mentors, and trains Specialists to ensure department work performance and objectives are met.
- Manages, gathers, and analyzes competitive intelligence data for product lines.
- Provides product support and documentation and develops product materials.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Additional skills or knowledge preferred:
- Experience or knowledge of IP networking
- Experience or knowledge of SD WAN products
- Experience or knowledge of SDN / NFV (Software Defined Networking / Network Function Virtualization)
- Experience with Security services such as Network and Application Firewalls and/or Unified Threat Management (UTM)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer