Director, Stategic Procurement
Responsible for establishing the vision for the Professional Services (PS) Staff Augmentation category. Resource will be responsible to assist Executive Director Procurement Professional Services in driving transformational change within the category, setting the multi-year strategic direction along with leading the day-to-day execution of sourcing activities. Contributes to enterprise-wide PS functional strategy development.
- Responsible to develop and execute Staff Augmentation category management and sourcing strategies
- Enhance and maintain PS supplier categorization and ecosystem landscape
- Establish preferred supplier tiers and requisition distribution methodologies
- Leverage data and analytics to drive decision-making and communicate results
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies to optimize delivery and value
- Identify and execute cost optimization strategies
- Review and optimize existing workforce to determine optimal engagement model and pricing structure
- Partner with Business Units and PS team to drive supplier rationalization and optimization efforts to reduce addressable active suppliers by 30-50%
- Drive process improvements to restrict rogue supplier usage
- Survey marketplace and recommend alternative sourcing channels to supplement traditional methods
- Provide market insights into PS outsourcing, delivery effectiveness and market pricin
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Establishes and implements procedures and good purchasing practices for the departments.
- Negotiates long-term contracts with suppliers to ensure optimum cost and reliable supply. Maintains strategic vendor and contractor relationships.
- Works with business partners to ensure purchasing and procurement optimization by generating cost savings and anticipating issues.
- Interprets inventory and capital tracking analysis for strategic decision-making. Relates report results and department decisions to business partners clearly and concisely.
- Troubleshoots and provides advice among business partners.
- Mentors and directs staff to ensure that work performance is to the Company's standards.
- Continually assesses market conditions that may affect procurements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study - Finance
Years' Experience-Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer