Eng3 ,Software Dev & Engineering
We are searching for Java developers to join Comcast(Smart Network Platform Team) who is using cutting edge cloud technology and java core frameworks in their platform to help provide their customers accurate real-time data to help influence their business decisions.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
•& Have the ability and motivation to own and drive products/features from inception to production delivery including requirements gathering, architectural design and documentation, software implementation, quality assurance, and production deployment and monitoring.
•& Have all round experience in developing and delivering micro-services applications within highly scalable distributed systems.
•& Responsible for design and development of application using Java frameworks such as Spring, JPA, and JUnit.
•& Should implement complex algorithms in a scalable fashion with a foundation on test driven development.
•& Ability to write Java based middle layer orchestration between various components on web services stack via REST or JMS.
•& Work closely with product and project managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
•& Core competency in Java frameworks, databases, and distributed systems, including data storage and management, messaging (queues/topics), searching, scheduling, logging, serialization, and modeling technologies.
•& Proficiency in Core Java and Cloud environments
•& Familiarity with dependency injection, Concurrency, Spring
•& Familiarity with JDBC API / Databases like MySQL, Elastic, Cassandra
•& Knowledge of graph databases
•& Experience in using file formats like XML, JSON, Avro, and Parquet
•& Knowledge of ElasticSearch, real-time data processing using Spark/Kafka and Cloud based deployment.
•& Have experience in agile development methodologies, e.g. Scrum, Kanban.
•& Having experience in Network Engineering is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements,including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts,skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer