Engineer 4, Managed Services
Responsible for troubleshooting operations issues, providing technical
solutions to operational problems, new product implementation,
implementing existing products and services, contributing in project
teams at times, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated
areas of engineering. Considered a subject matter expert on a given
product or line of business. Acts in compliance with industry and
Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedure.
Provides technical leadership to less experienced engineers and project
teams. Takes on leadership responsibilities when supervisor is
unavailable. Mentors team members and will take responsibility for
critical situations with high profile customers when needed. Integrates
knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key
contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Act as an advocate for engineering operations procedures, policies,
and processes. Ensure projects are fully integrated into the operations
environment including lifecycle problem management from front line
- Drive issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Lead
technical bridges and provide troubleshooting direction. Provide
guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues both
internal and external.
- Serve as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different
engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Contribute to design considerations for new products or architectural
changes to existing products. Assist with or lead efforts to build new
application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
- Lead the integration of projects into operations including
instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures
without direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Provide input to engineering and vendors on defects and required
enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical
- May direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Telecommunications
- Cisco CCNP, CCNA Security, CCNA Wi-Fi, Juniper JNCIS or other
certification above the CCNA level
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer