Eng 1, Product Dev Engineering
Responsible for assisting in the design of system architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and supporting of products.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems or procedures.
- Uses applied engineering concepts, skills and methodologies to help promote and embrace change.
- Works on small projects and issues within the group.
- Serves as a technical resource.
- Contributes to hands-on engineering.
- Works on projects and tasks ensuring desired results.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in at least one scripting/programming language. Preferred languages are Python, Perl, Java, Shell, .NET scripting,
- Understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL/Oracle, Linux), fundamentals of data warehousing, fundamentals of data modeling,
- Understanding of big data and large database mining tools a plus (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark, R, etc.)
- Stays current on data analytics and programming trends (e.g., new tools, statistical methods, visualization techniques) as well as emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of computer networking
- Must be a quick learner on new technologies and adapter in process.
- Possess a high degree of self-motivation.
- Possess effective organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications, and an ability to collaborate with others.
- Shows respect to other team members and clients in all interactions.
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist other team members in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary.
- Collaborates in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members located in various locations.
- Utilizes creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits a commitment to continuously self-improve by working with leadership to leverage strengths and focus on areas of development.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer