Eng 2, Prodt Dev Engineering
Responsible for assisting in the design and support of system architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and supporting of products. Helps with testing and operational activities. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job-Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Works with other team members to identify any gaps in monitoring and metrics and work to provide solutions to address those gaps.
- Will be expected to participate in deployment activities for the platform we are rolling out across the network. This includes validation of installed device configurations and ensuring they are properly added to all of our support systems.
- Works daily to validate monitoring and metrics to determine overall system health. Troubleshoot and resolve issues as necessary.
- Will be expected to work with engineering team to identify issues as the platform grows over the next several years. This includes any issues that relate to scale and load on the systems. Will work with team to resolve those issues going forward.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to identify work items that would benefit from automation and work with other team members to automate those functions to streamline work done across the teams.
- Determines resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Strong general engineering background
Experience in at least one scripting/programming language. Examples of preferred languages would be Python, Perl, Java, Shell scripting.
Working knowledge of computer networking; you can explain Ethernet, TCP/IP
Passion for Automation
Excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people can understand
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer