Eng3 ,Software Dev & Engineering
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. Comcast provides one of the kind entertainment platform, High Speed Data platform, and Inernet of Things services including Home Security services. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV and entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, home security, Voice, and high speed Internet access. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come. Comcast brings Entertainment, Internet, Voice, and other services to the customers via the largest footprint of networks in the country. 20M+ OnDemad video are streamed dailiy, 8200 Video and Audio Channels are srtreamed daily across the country, 167M+ phone calls are made and 153M messages are send daily on our network. Comcast supports more than 800K route miles or network pipeline.
We are looking for an exceptional software engineer to work as part of a cross-functional development team to create enterprise applications, services, telemetry, and tools that will be used to manage Comcast network that in turn will help revolutioniz the way communication is experienced by millions of Comcast customers and create cool technologies at the same time.
Design, develop, test, debug and document new and existing software and or applications for real-times communication services.
Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements
Evaluate new and emerging technologies for implementation.
Create platform and other application prototypes quickly.
Contribute to and respond to peer code reviews as needed
Write code to create robust and scalable applications.
Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large scale enterprise systems and software.
Minimal conceptual, logical and physical data modeling with data modeling tools and database design in complex, large-scale data environments.
Strong Java programming background
Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
Proficient in OO concepts and patterns
Experience in Client/Server architecture, Servlets and Web Services based on J2EE architecture
Application performance tuning
Understanding concepts of multi-threading, cache, memory management, Java Virtual Machine
Comfortable with operating systems like LINUX/UNIX
Strong analytical and problem solving skills and able to work as part of cross-functional teams.
Ability to identify / resolve system bottlenecks
Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and similar network protocols is a plus.
Understand of network devices, switches and routers a plus.
Excellent communication and organizational skills and with Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements,including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts,skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer