Principal Software Architect
Responsible for promoting the use of industry and Company technology
standards. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for
potential use within the Company. Designs and develops updated
infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Helps to
ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions.
Considers business problems "end-to-end": including people, process, and
technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any
design solution. Mentors, reviews codes and verifies that the object
oriented design best practices and that coding and architectural
guidelines are adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented
across the enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with the
enterprise architecture team and other functional areas to ensure that
most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs.
- Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and
delivered on schedule. Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with
best practices including but not limited to the following coding
standards, object oriented design, platform and framework specific
design concerns and human interface guidelines.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that
will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates
emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture.
Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation
- Contributes to the overall system implementation strategy for the
enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings,
presentations etc. to meet goals.
- Gathers and understands client needs, finding key areas where
technology leverage is possible to improve business processes, defines
architectural approaches and develops technology proofs. Communicates
- Monitors the project lifecycle from intake through delivery. Ensures
the entire solution design is complete and consistent from the start and
seeks to remove as much re-work as possible.
- Works with product marketing to define requirements. Develops and
communicates system/subsystem architecture. Develops clear system
requirements for component subsystems.
- Acts as architectural lead on project.
- Applies new and innovative ideas to old or new problems. Fosters
environments that encourages innovation. Contributes to and supports
effort to further build intellectual property via patents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 11+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer