Manager, Software Dev and Engineering
We are hiring a Software Engineering Manager within CTS theVideoPlatform Engineering organization to be responsible for a team that works across various products, delivering customer-requested features.This role is a great opportunity for a Senior Engineer ready to move into a management position.In this role, you will contribute at least fifty percent of your time to software design and coding, and the rest to management and mentoring of a small team in our Seattle office.
As the manager you will be responsible for the overall development lifecycle and people management of your team. You will demonstrate a commitment to reliability and collaboration in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of innovation.You will work closely with Product Architects as well as Professional Services teams based out of both Seattle and London.
We build highly available and scalable APIs and web applications using Java and cloud technologies including Kubernetes, Docker and a variety of AWS services. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to learn a broad range of new skills, technology, and processes in a company with one of the healthiest development organizations you'll find anywhere. We practice Agile methodologies, plan rational schedules, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality solutions.
- Mentoring and developing your team of engineers; participating in talent acquisition
- Collaborating with Product Architects to design highly available, mission critical software services for internet video delivery
- Maintaining a culture of sustainable, predictable delivery
- Collaborating with Project and Delivery Managers to manage a backlog, providing transparency into your team's activities
- Developing software, fixing bugs and troubleshooting as needed
- Working closely with other teams in the CTS Engineering organization to deliver world class products
- At least one year leading a team of software engineers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 10 years programmingexperiencewith Java or similar and knowledge of design patterns.
- Demonstrable proficiency of modern software engineering and testing disciplines.
- Experience operating distributed services at scale.
- Strong understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies.
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer