Eng 3, Open-stack Systems Administrator
Engineers within the Network Services Engineering (NSE) platform team need to bring a special mix of unique talents and abilities in order to confront the novel challenges we tackle head-on every day. You will be at the forefront of real-world deployment of large virtualized networking platforms and services, working in a collaborative, agile environment to design, develop, and deploy Software Defined Networks (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and other automation at Comcast.
Employees are expected to:
- Consistently works with leads, matrix teams of experts, project managers, and other engineers to drive technology that provides for smooth introduction of new products and features.
- Work within virtual teams to shorten our RD and Design cycle for new products and network evolution.
- Contributes to achievement of long-term objectives and plans.
- Develops requirements, design, development, integration, test of network projects/products and decisions serve as precedents for future issues.
- Develops expertise in emerging technologies, products, and techniques to contribute back to the project.
- Develops or utilizes DevOps automation to deploy software and perform continuous integration (CI) testing. Participates in operational support for always-on custom and packaged software systems.
- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Develops and applies performance and bandwidth models for interactive applications to document network impacts.
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing product and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements and architecture.
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including input to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams in the development of internal and third party software to support the detailed designs.
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the product features and capabilities.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to ensure product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market readiness.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained engineering support for all responsible systems and technologies. Diagnoses an resolves escalated field issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of the OpenStack project ecosystem and open source hypervisor technologies (Xen, KVM).
- Experience supporting large-scale, Elastic, Highly Available cloud environment orchestration on AWS, Azure or OpenStack
- Development/Coding Experience with OpenStack Neutron
- Working knowledge of Dockers/Containers, Fleet/ Kubernetes Container Management
- Experience with monitoring tools and alerting systems such as Zabbix, Nagios, OpsView, HP OpenView, NewRelic, or Big Brother
- Knowledge of Linux and common Linux applications (Kernel tuning, iptables, MySQL, RabbitMQ, HAproxy, Apache).
- Experience in 24x7 DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work independently with minimal supervision in an agile (SCRUM) environment
- 1+ years of software experience using python frameworks (django, flask).
- Designing and developing scalable web services using RESTful or SOAP services with related technologies such as JSON and XML
- Hands on Experience in Oracle/MongoDB/MySQL/Cassandra
- Experience in testing frameworks such as JUnit, Ant
- Experience with Scrum, TDD and DevOps/Continuous Integration such as Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Gerrit, SonarQube, Ansible
- Microservices strategy and implementation
- Experience in Multi-threading, Performance Tuning, Complex Data Model projects
-Knowledge networking concepts and administration (TCP/IP, routing, switching, VLANs, GRE, Openvswitch, Load balancing)
-Experience with Virtual Router (Alacatel Lucent VRS, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade), VNF (vLB, vFW, v DNS)
-Good experience with Software Defined Networking models (Yang/Netconf/yaml) , solid understanding of the SDN/NFV controllers architecture like Tail-F, Contrail, Versa, Nuage, Cyan, Onos, OpenDaylight, etc.
-Hands on experience with virtualization acceleration technologies in Intel (DPDK, SR-IOV, VPP)
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.