Engineer 2, Software Dev. & Engineering
We are searching for Java developers to join Comcast(Smart Network Platform Team) who is using cutting edge cloud technology and java core frameworks in their platform to help provide their customers accurate real-time data to help influence their business decisions.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Have the ability and motivation to own and drive products/features from inception to production delivery including requirements gathering, architectural design and documentation, software implementation, quality assurance, and production deployment and monitoring.
Have all round experience in developing and delivering micro-services applications within highly scalable distributed systems.
Responsible for design and development of application using Java frameworks such as Spring, JPA, and JUnit.
Should implement complex algorithms in a scalable fashion with a foundation on test driven development.
Ability to write Java based middle layer orchestration between various components on web services stack via REST or JMS.
Work closely with product and project managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
Core competency in Java frameworks, databases, and distributed systems, including data storage and management, messaging (queues/topics), searching, scheduling, logging, serialization, and modeling technologies.
Proficiency in Core Java and Cloud environments
Familiarity with dependency injection, Concurrency, Spring
Familiarity with JDBC API / Databases like MySQL, Elastic, Cassandra
Knowledge of graph databases
Experience in using file formats like XML, JSON, Avro, and Parquet
Knowledge of ElasticSearch, real-time data processing using Spark/Kafka and Cloud based deployment.
Have experience in agile development methodologies, e.g. Scrum, Kanban.
Having experience in Network Engineering is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Authorization to work in the US is required
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer