Political Affairs Specialist
The Political Affairs Specialist reports directly to the Director of Political Affairs and supports the entire Political Affairs team. The person will be required to perform a wide variety of tasks pertinent to Comcast's overall political activities, compliance responsibilities, and disclosure obligations, including those which are clerical and/or administrative in nature.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with maintenance and implementation of processes designed to meet organizational compliance objectives pertaining to campaign finance law, lobbying reporting, government ethics, conflicts of interest, and other political activities;
- Collaborating with Political Affairs team members to further department's goals and priorities;
- Assisting in annual solicitations for Comcast's Political Action Committees;
- Supporting the preparation and distribution of PAC communications;
- Supporting charitable PAC Match program;
- Assisting in political contribution processing and recordkeeping (PAC and Corporate contributions);
- Maintaining internal data and improve data integrity;
- Assisting in data reconciliations, audits, and research;
- Assisting in regulatory disclosure process;
- Aiding in execution of fundraising events;
- Developing and editing documents, correspondence, presentation materials, memoranda, and meeting notes (which may include highly confidential information); and
- Assisting with and/or assume responsibility for special projects as assigned.
Other Requirements and Competencies:
- Strong aptitude to learn from experiences, adapt to changing expectations, and constantly aim to grow;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interest in complex problem solving;
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment, integrity, and discretion in matters of significance;
- Willingness and initiative to take on additional/new assignments and responsibilities;
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to interact with PAC members and other employees with professionalism;
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and changes in priorities;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance; and
- Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Minimum Requirements and Technical Competencies:
- 1-5 years of related experience.
- Experiences with data analysis, accounting, audit, legal, government, or communications are a plus.
- Interest in the political process and compliance. (moved from Other Requirements and Competencies)
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Mastery of office systems, skills, and software including MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Experience with Excel functions and formulas are a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer