Project Manager 3
The TPX NGAN Project Manager is responsible for defining E2E project schedules for delivery of key technical deliverables for large scale, highly complex technology initiatives and working closely with cross-functional resources and teams to ensure successful delivery against those schedules. The successful candidate will help facilitate and collaborate to align teams to a common understanding of success, scope, milestones, risks/issues and delivery targets. Close coordination with the appropriate Technology and Program leads will be required to ensure alignment between the teams on schedule commitments and risk management. Demonstrated use of courage, curiosity, trust and respect in communications and interactions will be critical to success.
- Functions as a Project Manager assigned to specific deliverables, complex technical workstream(s) or multi-workstream technical projects or programs. Includes development & test phases as well as facilitation of trials and deployment planning if required and requires balancing of customer, employee and stakeholder needs while providing clear objectives to help teams prioritize work.
- Provides project management support including but not limited to; project plan development, issue investigation, development of risk and mitigation plans, creative problem solving, appropriate escalations, communications and coordination with internal and external resources/teams.
- Communicates with development teams, operations, product and stakeholders as required and develops strong relationships with technical teams and work stream owners. Targets communication to the audience and presents effectively to groups.
- Uses project management tools and methodologies including Agile/Scrum to manage the project and align key resources to common definitions and milestones.
- BA/BS, 3-5 years relevant technical project management, engineering or program management responsibility
- Understanding of and experience with development lifecycles, including functional and technical specifications, implementation, QA processes, deployment and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, meeting facilitation, organizational and time management skills required
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Ability to drive success and collaborate in a matrixed organization
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Agile support tools a plus.
- This position will be located at Comcast's offices in Philadelphia, PA.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer