Supervisor, Engineering Ops
Responsible for providing supervision and direction to subordinate staff
and coordinates work flow within the major work unit. Ensures
compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards,
policies, and procedures. Promotes a customer-driven service culture.
Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other
full-time employees or their equivalent.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Supervises technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies,
goals, and objectives are met. Communicates changes to all affected
- Performs advanced supervisory duties, including reviewing work
performance, motivating subordinates to work more effectively,
identifying problems with performance and provides solutions to those
problems, determining training needs to improve performance, initiating
informal measures to correct misconduct or making recommendations for
- Applies industry standards in daily operations and ensures that they
are consistently met and that technical operations comply with system,
region, and OSHA safety programs.
- Develops, trains, mentors, and motivates staff members in accordance
with best practices and procedures developed by management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer