Eng4,Product Development Engineering
Responsible for researching, designing, planning, developing, and/or evaluating new, advanced technologies by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design. Works with engineering, marketing, customer service, and engineering support to develop detailed design, project plans, and product launch.
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures, third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined requirements.
- Participates in the Company product lifecycle process, contributes to and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team, worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Provides guidance and accepts accountability for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services, and ensures that system failures are restored in a timely manner.
- Recommends courses of action, technology, technical solutions, long term vision and vision of what needs to happen to grow the Company.
- Develops state-of-the art solutions to maximize on technology and business applications.
This position is for a Product Development Engineer -4 for Residential Data Services.
The responsibility of this position is end-to-end accountability of products and services for Comcast residential broadband customers, including
Product definition, priority, and roadmap
System integration both internal and external to solution
Performance and scale engineering
Product launch coordination
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Develops and applies performance and bandwidth models for interactive applications to document network impacts.
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing product and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements and architecture.
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including input to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams in the development of internal and third party software to support the detailed designs.
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the product features and capabilities.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to ensure product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market readiness.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained engineering support for all responsible systems and technologies. Diagnoses and resolves escalated field issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer