Business Data Architect
This person will be responsible for understanding both current and future state applications to help define and execute on migration plans from current to future state BSS/OSS platforms. This person will provide guidance in defining the product and customer master data to ensure consistency of the target architecture. Partners with Solution Architects to ensure a complete solution exists representing both the business need, technology design and expected outputs. This person will require a strong background in data communication and understanding of network modeling and design to help influence future state architecture and design.
- Document and recommend migration plans from current to future state OSS/BSS applications:
- Evaluate current and future state OSS and BSS processes, data and systems and documenting detailed migration strategies
- Understand managed networks and configurations along with associated master data required to manage the network solutions from a sales, service delivery , service assurance and network management standpoint
- Perform process and data mapping between current and future state systems and define business rules for transformation
- Designs new methods and best practices for analysis and presentation of comparative data
- Vets recommendations to determine viable options and cost-benefit assessment to management.
- Performs in depth research on root cause and mitigation plan for data and system differences that are uncovered through normal course of analysis and migration.
- Defines business and functional requirements for BSS and OSS applications that , enable sales, delivery and support of managed services products
- Identify product model optimization opportunities and efficiency improvements
- Assist with scope definition for data cleanup, transformation and migration
- Oversight of project from inception through deployment
- Collaborates with Product Delivery team to define strategy and product roadmap
- Develops scalable processes solutions to support and benefit the Company's architecture vision
- Interacts closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information management, Information data systems or equivalent
- Masters degree preferred
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years of related experience in OSS and BSS application analysis, process analysis, data modeling or data architecture
- Experience in network modeling is a must
- Experience with product catalogs and integrated BSS and OSS systems is a must
- Experience working in data communication and cable highly preferred
- Experience with large data migration projects across OSS and BSS both from a process and a data mapping point of view will be a big plus
- Proven track record driving alignment at different levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Experience in planning, team building and delivering on large system and data migration projects
- Extensive experience in business process, data analysis, and OSS/BSS systems
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically to solve problems with good attention to detail
- Must be resourceful and able to work independently
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and presentation skills.
Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer