Product Owner, Service Assurance
The Product Owner will report into the Director of Product Management and work with business unit leaders and functional leaders at the highest levels within the organization to execute on a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business and preparing the business for future. By working on process discovery, analysis & design, you will help us achieve our goals by impacting how efficiently and effectively we operate and compete in the market. The product owner will be responsible for process definition, business and functional requirements for all tools related to their area of specialty. The product owner will not only get to identify process, organizational and system deficiencies within their area but also drive organizational change through consensus building and collaboration with other product owners, SMEs, architects and developers.
The Service Assurance SME will be responsible for working with the different service assurance, order management, product, system architecture, network architecture, and IT teams to define the business and system interactions to handle customer issues that get reported through the various channels available phone, email, automated tickets, etc and help resolve issues timely and effectively. Also ensure all the information captured is accurate to ensure Comcast meets contracted SLAs with customers. This will include working with the various stakeholders and SMEs to identify process improvement opportunities, reducing cross team hand-offs and increasing system enhancements and integration eliminating manual swivels where possible with a goal of achieving standardization for scale and operational efficiency. Role will require the individual to represent the needs of the stakeholders in various forums and recommend creative ways to solve for process and system challenges in that subject area both in current state as well as future state.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders to define "As Is" and "To Be" process, business and functional requirements in partnership with process owners, SME's and IT partners where appropriate
- Solve complex interaction problems with simplistic approaches, illustrating your solution with user flows, wireframes, and visual mockup
- Develop options and trade-offs around design with associated costs and level of effort estimates
- Participate with application development team in defining and implementing functionality enhancements, user experience and usability
- Effectively collect data on process improvement and performance, develop and implement quantitative, data-driven models for our enterprise business.
- Drive the analysis of business and customer requirements to transform them into thought out, well designed initiatives and enhancements
- Collaborate with software developers and technical teams to ensure the successful execution of user requirements
- Develop artifacts to confirm understanding of business requirements, and to document technical approach to those requirements for review and approval. Work with business users on structuring their inputs, and with IT and Program Management.
- Document detailed system requirements, process design flows, Traceability matrix and other documents used in SDLC
- Author functional requirements documents for any relevant systems needed to satisfy the business goals
- This role involves working collaboratively with business users: first to transform high level business requirements into actionable specifications for IT developers and later to ensure the resulting systems meet the documented needs.
- Understand work plan/schedules, due dates, activities related to documentation and training, UAT Testing, and cost analysis efforts required by finance, actively tracking all aspects of projects.
- Vets recommendations to determine viable options and provides business case to management.
- Participates in defining business intelligence requirements for projects and data requests.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in Service Assurance
- Creates technical documentation (internal).
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science strong preferred. Master's degree desired.
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
- Telecom services industry working in technology and cross-functional business processes for major operational areas, project management and delivery highly desired
- Must have experience in using scrum, agile or Kanban methodologies to drive fast paced projects
-Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses
-Prior experience in software design and delivery is highly desired
-Direct experience in working with application designers and developers and the ability to recast requirements to address technical constraints as appropriate
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer