Sr. Manager, Data Stewardship
Responsible for drawing conclusions, providing insight, and making recommendations based on strategic understanding of the data collected for analysis and business intelligence. Ensures operational plans align with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has impact on business results.
- Ownership as a subject matter expert of Viewing data for Comcast and its partners
- Ownership as a subject matter expert of Equipment data for Comcast and its partners
- Driven to establish and maintain a comprehensive understanding of data and its resulting metrics
- Explain and interpret data for Comcast data partners in clear, concise terms
- Lead the project to refine STB (set top box) return path data sources and resulting data sets with a strong focus on data quality and stability
- Lead the project to refine Equipment data sources and resulting data sets with a strong focus on data quality and stability
- Create quantitative analyses that convert data into defined KPIs for actionable insights by combining customer activity data with analytic prowess
- Provide insight-driven decision-making support for strategic initiatives
- Define requirements for collection of additional enhancing data sets for a more complete and robust data repository
- Assemble, cleanse, and structure data for analysis and communication
- Viewing data and media metrics skill set with STB experience
- Familiarity with Equipment and Supply Chain data experience
- Strong SQL with experience in Scala, R and/or Python
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques with data logic mastery
- Familiarity with database environments and Big Data platforms
- Proficient with analytical and presentation tools such as Tableau and PowerPoint
- Strong speaking and writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis that incite action
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with a deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics and analysis
- Team player with a "can-do" attitude and a personable approach
- "Lean forward" bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
- Responsible for communication with development and operations technical teams.
- Responsible for providing direction on development efforts to our internal technology team partners
- Drives operational excellence through standardization of agreed upon best practices. Drives out defects and ensures processes are in place to positively impact customer experience.
- Leads internal and external program teams for scheduled product rollouts,creates requirements documents, obtains signoff, manages risks, and documents new and changed processes.
- Develops business requirements, assesses current reporting capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Identifies possible conflicts with the strategy and recommends effective alternatives.
- Measures effectiveness of improvements through deep analysis of data on performance metrics striving for effective high quality improvements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in media with an emphasis on viewing related fields preferred
- Experience in at least one of the following: STB viewing, Digital Viewing, Media Metrics, Viewing Analytics/Audience Measurement, Ad Sales analytics or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with databases required
- Experience with statistical methods preferred
- Experience with Visualization tools preferred
- Experience with AWS is a plus
Preferred Educational Level:
- BA/BS degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or finance
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer