Has professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Responsible for monthly close process for assigned markets. Maintains work papers for prepaid and accrual accounts, as well as entering monthly journal entries. Detailed analysis of monthly operating results ensuring financial accuracy. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific account ledgers.
- Prepares documentation based on contracts and regulations to assist with calculations and reporting.
- Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents. Researches variances, determines root causes, and makes recommendations for adjustment.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry.
-Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results, researching variances to forecast and budget, prior month and prior year
-Recommends ways of streamlining and standardizing processes within designated area of responsibility to support the Accounting, Operations, and Sales functions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred or Finance degree along with accounting work experience.
- CPA certification completed or in progress a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Experience with Oracle beneficial but not required.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience. Minimumof 2 years industry and/or public accounting or similar work experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer