Sr. Manager, Data Stewardship
The Data Stewardship team’s focus is uniform access and complete transparency for Comcast data assets to enable informed business decisions that drive profitable growth. & Manage the complete project lifecycle for new data integration, data integrity, and data standardization centered on single source of truth.
- Lead the Business Services data ingestion efforts through data normalization and then transformed logic with applied business rules
- Assist the Director on the Business Services data roadmap and ensure data development timelines are met
- Become the subject matter expert in the data and be able to articulate how it benefits business stakeholders
- Work with business units to document the requirements for expected deliverable
- Identify the source and data attributes that fit the business requirement criteria
- Work with Director in estimating level of effort and timelines
- Need to maintain detailed documentation through data lifecycle processing to ensure fully transparent communication and meeting deadline expectations
- Develop the business rules and logic in order to harmonize the data.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing for stated data dependent projects&
- Help test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Partner with HQ systems engineering and business units to process data in stage, journal, base and semantic within Teradata and Hadoop / Horton Works
- Partner with data quality and project management teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support standardization efforts for referential data used for data analysis and project output.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field desired
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Data domain
- Following knowledge and experience:
& & -SQL-required
& & -Hadoop / Horton Works – required
& & -Teradata – plus
& & -Informatica – plus
& & -Hands on experience in HiveQL , Pig Latin scripts – Plus
& & -Proven understanding with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, and HBase -- Plus
- Strong leadership, organization, and project management skills&
- Exceptional focus on setting and achieving milestones and goals
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
- Interpersonal and diplomatic skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various functional areas, including Engineering, Region, Division and Corporate personnel
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer