Sr. Manager, Data Stewardship
The Data Stewardship team's focus is uniform access and complete transparency for Comcast data assets to enable informed business decisions that drive profitable growth. Manage the complete project lifecycle for new data integration, data integrity, and data standardization centered on single source of truth.
- Lead the Business Services data ingestion efforts through data normalization and then transformed logic with applied business rules
- Assist the Director on the Business Services data roadmap and ensure data development timelines are met
- Become the subject matter expert in the data and be able to articulate how it benefits business stakeholders
- Work with business units to document the requirements for expected deliverable
- Identify the source and data attributes that fit the business requirement criteria
- Work with Director in estimating level of effort and timelines
- Need to maintain detailed documentation through data lifecycle processing to ensure fully transparent communication and meeting deadline expectations
- Develop the business rules and logic in order to harmonize the data.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing for stated data dependent projects
- Help test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Partner with HQ systems engineering and business units to process data in stage, journal, base and semantic within Teradata and Hadoop / Horton Works
- Partner with data quality and project management teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support standardization efforts for referential data used for data analysis and project output.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field desired
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Data domain
- Following knowledge and experience:
-Hadoop / Horton Works required
-Hands on experience in HiveQL , Pig Latin scripts Plus
-Good knowledge in back-end programming, specifically java, JS, Node.js and OOAD Plus
-Proven understanding with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, and HBase -- Plus
- Strong leadership, organization, and project management skills
- Exceptional focus on setting and achieving milestones and goals
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
- Interpersonal and diplomatic skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various functional areas, including Engineering, Region, Division and Corporate personnel
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer