Director, Data Governance
Comcast is expanding our world-class Enterprise Business Intelligence team! The role of the Director, Data Governance is to partner with teams across the organization to implement a Data Governance program to help manage data as a product. This position will be responsible for helping design and implement the program in several stages as part of a strategic plan to continue transforming Comcast into a data driven organization. This is a leadership position and will include both direct reports and cross functional leadership responsibilities. The pace is challenging but realistic.
- Assisting in defining and implementing enterprise data management strategies and processes to effectively govern enterprise data including both the accountability model and data policies/standards. Build and effectively deliver an associated data governance roadmap.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability across teams. In addition, he/she will have a key role in guiding and influencing various stakeholders across the organization to achieve the goals defined in the enterprise data governance and enterprise data management strategies.
- Implementing and integrating data governance tools spanning across a variety of teams throughout the enterprise to measure data quality and improve related metrics.
- Identify and track data quality issues and manage remediation plans with upstream source systems/platforms. Partner with teams to ensure incremental progress is achieved.
- Work hand in hand with the Data Stewardship and Transformation teams to formulate strategies and effectively help transform the enterprise in leveraging our universal data environment.
- Assist in the creation of a Data Quality Center of Excellence to reinforce enterprise standards and create DQ awareness and self-service capabilities.
- Drive and own delivery of the data governance program, leading a team in achieving measurable quarterly progress towards the goal of building data as a product across the enterprise.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience leading a successful enterprise data governance program
- Ability to lead a high performing team in driving performance and deliverables
- Ability to work effectively across a matrixed environment and influence without formal authority
- Ability to lead change and inspire flexibility amongst various teams
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of tools to query and manipulate data in varying file formats including Teradata, Hadoop and other databases
- Knowledge of programming and the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Analytical with strong problem solving ability
- 10+ years of relevant data-related employment experience
- Exposure to the following a plus: Teradata, Hortonworks, Hadoop, Informatica, Tableau
- Knowledge of the Media and Entertainment and/or the MSO industry a plus
- Bachelor's degree required with related experience
- MBA or MS preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer