Business Intelligence- Advertising
Supports ongoing yield management initiatives and assist in the development and implementation of enterprise pricing and inventory strategies. Responsible for defining business intelligence requirements for individual subject areas; develops conceptual data models, design, build, and test sets of reporting and analytic business intelligence programs. Responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the business intelligence team. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
Works cross-functionally to collect data and makes actionable recommendations at all levels. Infers trends from a variety of data sources and confidently delivers their interpretation; makes recommendations to executives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Support Digital Affiliate Lead and Yield Optimization by inferring trends on portfolio level inventory and demand analysis to determine where gaps/opportunities exist
- Lead executive-level monthly/quarterly business reviews of inventory utilization, margin, and pricing
- Support ad hoc analysis for existing products, and help define what success looks like for new initiatives
- Conducts full analyses of changes impacting customers and operations and ensures impacts are accurately integrated into forecasts.
- Carries out post-event analyses to validate business plans/strategies and identifies all additional factors associated with changes.
- Fulfills reporting needs and may make recommendations to business intelligence leadership.
- Identifies possible conflicts with the strategy and recommends cost- effective alternatives to the Manager.
- Partner and align with multiple functional areas including Sales, Operations, and Technical Architecture to understand overarching business strategies/needs and their impact on Spotlight's inventory
- Internal SME on Spotlight's Digital Video ecosystem/primary business partner for Freewheel team around network design.
- Coordinates the daily workflow, assigns tasks and supervises a team. Provides knowledge and guidance to staff in areas of expertise.
- Ensures team executes on defined business requirements.
- Hires, supervises, trains and develops Business Intelligence analysts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Finance, Business, Statistics or related discipline.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail required.
- Previous leadership/mentoring experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional team environments.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer