Senior Software Engineer
We're building the next generation video content processing services which produce millions of minutes of content and petabytes of throughput each month.The services encompass A/V transcoding, closed captioning, video-on-demand streams, DRM protection, quality control via a custom distributed workflow queuing system that runs in the cloud.
We build highly available and scalable APIs and web applications using Java and cloud technologies including Kubernetes, Docker and a variety of AWS services.This position offers a tremendous opportunity to learn a broad range of new skills, technology, and processes in a company with one of the healthiest development organizations you'll find anywhere. We practice Agile methodologies, plan rational schedules, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented programmer to be challenged and build upon existing programming and technical design skills.
- Design and build new features from product owner specifications.
- Provide estimates for new product features.
- Follow a test-driven development process.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure timely product delivery.
- Troubleshoot issues in production environments.
- Five years of object-oriented design, programming and testing experience with Java.
- At least one years' experience building and supporting applications with Docker
- At least one years' experience building and supporting applications with Kubernetes
- Proficient in system design and architecture, particularly with cloud and service-oriented architectures, performance, and scalability.
- Low-level knowledge of several file transfer protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, S3, etc.).
- Knowledge of messaging technologies (XML, JSON, REST, etc.).
- Experience with design and usability of APIs.
- Experience with media transcoding or streaming technologies a plus.
- Excellent ownership, communication, organization and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Experience with Agile project management tools and methods.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer