Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence
With "2M customers and $5B in annual revenue, Comcast Business is one of the largest and fastest growing departments within Comcast. The Business Data & Intelligence team (BDI) is tasked with meeting the reporting and data needs of Comcast Business. This includes working with multiple organizations like Customer Operations, Retention, Marketing, Finance and Sales to provide data, reporting, research and analysis to help drive the business and maximize performance.
This Senior Analyst position will be responsible for building and operating reports to meet the needs of these organizations. Day to day activities will include report development and operation and working with end users to validate data and gather requirements as well as researching issues/anomalies with data, systems and processes. This individual will be part of a larger Business Intelligence organization that includes developers, project managers and other analysts.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build and execute daily, weekly, monthly recurring and ad-hoc reports that span multiple areas of the organization including Customer Operations, Sales Operations, Marketing, Finance, Retention, Care, Tech Ops, and Legal. Ensure reports meet business needs.
- Deliver reports to management in HQ, Corporate, and the field. Be able to speak to the data, metrics, and calculations of developed and assigned reports. Be able to identify potential issues, behavior trends, process gaps and make recommendations based on the data.
- Assist management in identifying and delivering new reporting capabilities. Able to take reporting asks from idea to implementation.
- Utilize SQL and SQL Server databases, Tableau, Excel and other reporting software to design and generate reports as requested. Implement report automation when applicable. Develop distribution protocol for requested information.
- Utilize Agile development methodology and JIRA ticketing tool to manage incoming requests, scope, and balance workload.
- Deconstruct technical concepts and metrics to reverse engineer existing procedures. Be able to communicate technical concepts in laymen's terms to stakeholders.
- Document reporting procedures in a highly organized fashion both with internal collaborators and external stakeholders.
- Work with end users and stakeholders to understand data, systems, and procedures. Turn these interactions into actionable requests.
- Improve efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction. Surface recurring problems with report processes, policies, or procedures and suggest ways to resolve problems to better serve customers and/or to improve productivity.
- Represent Comcast in a professional and positive manner in all situations.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and teams to ensure high quality and timely completion of projects. Build relationships with management to ensure reporting needs are being met.
- Regular, consistent, punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights, weekends and variable schedule(s) as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a reporting analyst function. Experience in the telecommunications industry a plus. Experience with financial reporting, sales reporting and/or customer operations reporting a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server, T-SQL, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint required. Demonstrated ability to construct professional looking reports and presentations. Experience in Qlikview, Tableau, or data visualization tool a must.
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, data modeling and ETL preferred. Familiarity with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) preferred
- Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities required. Must have a high level of organization and be able to independently organize work.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, able to work independently and as a member of a team. Able to ask for help.
- Positive attitude, high energy. Able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Appetite for learning. Able to self learn and attend trainings while maintaining workload.
- Demonstrated flexibility, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer