Sr. Manager, Product Operations & Tools
The Senior Manager, Operational Excellence & Tools will manage infrastructure and data operations for a personalization and data-intelligence platform. This role will own centralized platform monitoring capabilities for both application infrastructure and data centralization with focus on big data stability and operations maturity. This role will also own partnerships with internal product and engineering teams to drive operational and data excellence as well as establish new relationships with external client operations as syndication efforts begin.
- Plans and directs all monitoring operations, process maturation, and incident management activities for the CX Personalization team, including:
- Evangelize operational excellence principles, training on tools, indirect leadership of SREs (systems reliability engineers), support root cause analysis and problem management, and refine our operations design and strategy.
- Achieve subject matter expertise on all technical operations tools including DataDog, AppDynamics, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, AWS CloudWatch, Kibana and any new applications introduced into the platform.
- Create metric systems to track operational workflows, maintain records of results and feedback. Analyze operations data and metrics, identify opportunity areas, and provide actionable insight to management.
- Provide guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues. Drive issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources.
- Support internal and external operations activities, including syndications efforts and executive communications for platform- and data-health measures.
- Effectively partner across the organization to accelerate internal data-onboarding and data-consumption with focus on data health and data quality, with clear strategic understanding of how those inputs will power digital-first experiences including:
- Employee-customer interactions (Agents, Technicians, Xfinity Stores, HQ)
- Self-service customer interactions (Comcast.com, Mobile, IVR, ITG, Set-top Box)
- Customer product interactions (X1 Platform, Xfinity Home, Communications, and Commercial
- Evangelize Personalization operations that drive Customer Timeline platform stability and provide clear client success models for internal and external clients
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- BA/BS in Logistics or a related subject with 8 plus years work experience in a related field
- Experience with technical operations tools or incident management tools
- Previous experience in operations management, software product management, and/or change management
- Demonstrated record of effective deployment, training and coaching
- Strong analytical skills able to interpret data and obtain actionable insights
Preferred Qualifications (preferred but not required upon entry)
- Knowledge of Comcast organization, people, products, technologies
- Experience in a product development organization, job fit in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong consulting, presentation and facilitation skills that drive decisions and win/win solutions
- Proven success orchestrating significant improvements and change in complex political, social, and technological work environments
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer