As a member of the Corporate Accounting team, this role will be responsible for accounting and analysis related to Share Based Compensation Plans. Responsibilities include preparation of schedules to support accruals, quarterly financial statement analysis, journal entries and various account reconciliations.
- Perform accounting and analysis for the Company's Share Based Compensation Plans (stock options plan, restricted stock plan and ESPP plan).
- Preparation of work papers to support quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Ensures that balance sheets are accurately stated and reconciled to the general ledger. Researches variances, determines root causes, and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper backup to substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results, researching variances to forecast and budget prior month and prior year.
- Prepares financial reports, analyzing data for management review.
- Assists with the internal and external audit process as needed.
- Researches complex accounting data in order to comply with new accounting policy implementation.
- Researches and develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and reoccurring journal entries.
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes to support the Accounting function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study - Accounting, Finance
Years of Experience-Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Strong communications, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer