Sr. Product Manager
Are you a seasoned product professional that wants to shape the future of TV?
Join our Video Product team in improving and reshaping how millions of people use their TV, not just for watching their favorite TV show, but also for Netflix, YouTube, music and interactive TV apps. The team is located at Comcast's Silicon Valley Innovation Center in Sunnyvale, CA.
Be a key player on a team of product people that are focused on Next Generation TV. Lead the effort to ensure X1 offers a competitive line-up of integrated video apps to allow our users to watch the entertainment that is most important to them.
X1 is the leading TV-connected device in the U.S. through a record high engagement with each user. We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager who has experience working with entertainment apps or an entertainment platform. Someone who can lead our effort to work with app partners to ensure that X1 app integrations continue to deliver great personalized entertainment including easy discovery of content, playback and the right mix of interactivity and lean back enjoyment.
In this role you will lead the strategy for video apps, gather requirements from the rest of the product team and from our app partners, define user stories and work with multiple development teams across Comcast to ensure that the app integrations stays competitive. The role is cross-functional and you will work closely with several talented teams of software engineers, product managers, user experience designers and partner managers as well as internal & external stakeholders across Comcast. You need to be strategic and see the big picture, while still having passion for working through the technical challenges with the engineers.
As a Sr. Product Manager on the Comcast Video Product team at Comcast Silicon Valley, you will change the way people think about and watch television. You'll be part of the bigger team that is rapidly changing the landscape of TV through its Emmy-award receiving X1 platform that is already redefining the industry with a TV platform that is used both by Comcast and COX customers in the US as well as Shaw and Rogers in Canada with more international partners to follow soon.
Being a part of the app product team at Comcast Silicon Valley is a great opportunity to try working at the cutting edge of media and technology it is also a lot of fun. You will gain hands-on experience in building exciting products for tens of millions of customers, working with a diverse and highly experienced team.
Who will you work with?
You'll work with the best and brightest minds in Comcast across both our headquarters in Philadelphia as well as our development center in Silicon Valley, CA.
As typical in product management leadership, you operate at the intersection between engineering, design, and the business. In this role, you will collaborate with a number of other teams throughout the company such as our voice UI, video rendering backend and metadata services teams.
You'll work directly with 3rd party content creators and services, helping them bring their content experiences to tens of millions of users on X1.
You'll be joining a team of product managers focused on enhanced content experiences on the X1 set top box. This is part of a larger group run by the VP of Product Management responsible for redefining the TV experience in key areas such as sports, streaming video and music delivering your content to the big screen.
What you will be doing:
- Gather requirements and take ownership of the product strategy
- Contribute to the overall product vision and the key partner/customers journeys for X1 apps
- Drive execution and strategic focus for video apps working with other product managers and colleagues from UX, engineering, business, marketing, editorial, support and more
- Interact with 3rd party product, business and technology counterparts; develop productive relationships to ensure easy and engaging app integrations
- Do continuous market and consumer research to understand what customers want
- Participate in product ideation and brainstorming sessions
- Write user stories, requirements, collaborate with the UX teams, prioritize backlog of features, and drive the product development process the developers and test engineers
- Define, measure, and optimize our features to ensure our users love it
- Ensure transparency by keeping teams, colleagues and executives informed on progress, issues and plans and get their input for constant improvement
The experience we are looking for:
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Experience defining and supporting product strategy and product planning
- Ability to research, understand and discuss technical concepts and ideas with engineers
- Product management experience with entertainment software
- Passion for consumer facing software and entertainment experiences
- You know how to work well with multiple stakeholders and engineers on agile teams
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, meetings and priorities while staying laser focused
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, creative, innovative environment with a history of results
- Experience in building simple and engaging user experiences
- Strong analytical and date driven decision making skills to drive execution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with stakeholders
- Ability to work with remote teams and travel to east coast about once a month
- If you love TV other big screen entertainment, it is a big plus
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer