Supervisor, Corporate Accounting
Responsible for following general instructions and with discretion as to work details, performs accounting tasks of a difficult nature requiring an experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices. This position will also be responsible for review and supervision of monthly and quarterly close.
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting, reporting and analysis of financial data in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals
- Assist with the review of all monthly and quarterly corporate reporting schedules.
- Assist with other analysis, ad hoc reports and special project requests
- Ensures that balance sheets are accurately stated and reconciled to the appropriate general ledgers. Researches variances, determines root causes, and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Reviews monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper backup to substantiate the entry.
- Assists with the internal and external audit process as needed.
- Review various financial statement footnotes for SEC reporting entities based on consolidated quarterly analysis package.
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes to support the Accounting function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level- Bachelor DegreeorEquivalent
Field of Study- Accounting
Years of Experience-Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
- CPA or progress towards it is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in industry and/or public accounting or similar work environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience in an Oracle Software System (a plus).
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer