Manager, Advertising Research
Comcast Spotlight is looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intellectually curious individual to lead a team of research professionals responsible for strategically positioning the value of our advertising solutions and partnering with our sales teams to translate market research into insightful and compelling sales stories. The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership capabilities, is a dynamic presenter, and collaborates cross functionally to develop data-driven solutions that help service our clients and drive revenue.
- Responsible for managing, gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information about a product or service to be offered in a market. Oversees and engages research and sales teams in the competitive characteristics of the business's target market and industry.
- Develops self and research team members to translate research findings into concise and effective advertiser presentations and marketing pieces for key clients.
- Facilitates training in markets for research related products and resources.
- Collaborates with department leads to train and maximize knowledge and usage of all sales research applications.
- Proactively provides Research data, including customer care initiatives, to support Sales client merchandising.
- Goes beyond internal resources to research trends and seasonal opportunities in top categories to support sales staff with client solutions.
- Regularly attends client appointments and makes a point to divide time between local and Interconnect clients. Is a regular participant and key contributor in the SAM/key account meeting process in all markets in which they are responsible.
- Receive guidance and training on Product/Solution/Category/Multiscreen initiatives and lead team to roll out to Sales, support campaigns, and provide feedback to division & Corporate.
- Contributes and shares best practices with fellow division managers and division research lead. Ensures compliance with corporate and division methodology and policy standards and research positioning themes.
- Monitors and evaluates industry/market trends using Spotlight Research tools and other resources; reports key findings to market leadership and other department leads.
- Directs the development of strategic analyses and forecasts in the areas of product preferences, sales coverage, market penetration, market practices and sales trends.
- Completes periodic performance reviews to determine employee eligibility for merit increases, bonuses, and promotional/transfer opportunities.
- Implements and enforces approved research standards, policies and procedures, holds area research teams accountable to Divisional/Corporate standards and performance goals.
- Identify and address complex issues (conflicting data, client objections, industry trends, etc.) and offer solutions to client base (internal and external).
- Be a knowledgeable resource and serve as a point of contact for other department heads.
- Some travel required to sales offices.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint);
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Strata View, etc.) and/or syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.)
- Understands fundamentals media measurement, research and local cable advertising.
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Experience with Digital Video / TV metrics and familiarity with how TV media buying works.
- Experience with R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer