Sr. Data Scientist, Video Insights and Analysis (VIA)
As a data scientist on the Video Insights and Analysis (VIA) team, you will employ your skills to deliver insights into system, network, and customer behavior on a rapidly-growing video-over-IP system. Your teammates are a small and fast-moving group of scientists, analysts, and engineers who are innovating to support the end-to-end analysis of our IP video pipeline. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
Your primary role is to dive deep into learning from big data, achieving a deeper understanding of our data than anyone else in the company. You'll then be responsible for:
- Leading complex projects using a wide breadth of data science and advanced techniques
- Conducting exploratory data analysis to tease out engineer and business opportunities for the organization
- Applying statistics, machine learning, and other data science techniques to obtain valuable insights that may not be immediately obvious.
You'll have commercial tools, open source technologies, the suite of AWS analytics services, a massive data lake, and a high-performance streaming data platform at your disposal. In addition to this toolkit, you'll have the advantage of a tight partnership with a very mature data engineering team.
Where can you make an impact?
We are shaping the future of IP Video at Comcast by delivering engineering and business insights to stakeholders across multiple organizations.
Here are some of the specific technologies we use:
- Databricks Analytics Platform
- AWS analytics services (Kinesis, S3, EMR, Redshift, DynamoDB)
- Apache Spark, Kafka, Hive, Hadoop
Skills & Requirements
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Spark expertise
- MapReduce expertise
- SQL expertise
- Experience with more than one of Java/Python/Scala/R
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools such as Tableau, Quicksight, and Elasticsearch/Kibana
- Experience with extract, transform and load (ETL) processing in a data warehouse environment
- Good communicator and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Analytical rigor-you're disciplined in your approach to problem solving
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer