Supervisor, Finance & Accounting
Responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to-day activities of the Accounting department. Ensures accurate and timely reporting and analysis of financial data in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Customarily and regularly directs the work of two other full-time employees. Must be detail oriented, organized and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervises the month-end accounting close process for Spotlight HQ, including:
-Reviews financial statement analysis and related assessments throughout the close process.
-Reviews and approves journal entries and related supporting analysis for completeness and accuracy.
-Coordinates and supervises the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports for Spotlight Cable HQ.
-Timeliness and completeness of close related activities to ensure month-end close process is in accordance with CHQ guidelines and deadlines.
- Evaluates all required annual reporting for Cable including operating lease disclosures, contractcommitments, etc.
- Supervises Accounts Payable function for Spotlight consisting of monitoring OneCard transactions, vendor payment issues, etc.
- Reviews accounting activity to ensure consistency and comparability in accounting practices and financial reporting across HQ.
- Supervises and reviews the preparation of the supporting key P&L account analysis and balance sheet account reconciliations and schedules on a monthly basis. Develops or instructs accountants on necessary changes and necessary adjusting entries.
- Continually reviews current accounting and reporting practices for opportunities for improvement, including automation and standardization.
- Supervises the daily activities of a team of 2 full-time positions.
- Tracks and analyzes key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements.
- Leads the development and effective utilization of financial models and analysis.
- Collaborates with leadership to maintain budgets and forecasts in finance systems.
- Prepares financial reports and coordinates month and year-end processes.
- Develops and utilizes financial models and analysis for Finance & Accounting staff.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and develops Finance & Accounting staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer