Manager, Software Engineering - Digital Home
Comcast's Digital Home organization is seeking a Software Development Manager to join our Engineering team.This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the Digital Home Video and xFi broadband platforms with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations. This individual will be responsible for leading a group of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications.
Keys to success in this role will be a focus on career development of our engineers, relationship building and maintenance with our partners in UX, Product and Support, and a passionate focus on improving the customer experiences we deliver.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital expenditure projects.
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work performance reviews and Ensures work performance is adhering to Company standards. Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer