Sr. Director, Advertising Sales Research
In today's world of constant media consumption, reaching consumers with quality, impactful advertising is more important than ever. At the center of that consumption is Spotlight the ad sales arm of Comcast that provides premium (digital) video advertising to clients of all shapes and sizes. We sit at a unique focal point of cross-platform consumption with a treasure trove of data and a cache of premium inventory. But, as they say, the proof lies in the pudding.
The Sr. Director of Sales Research, will work with internal & external stakeholders ensure strong Comcast Spotlight across its footprint is set up to win in an Audience and Attribution landscape. This person will have a passion for leading and driving teams across a new frontier of measurement. In addition, should be an expert on cross platform methods, with the ability to build narratives that interpret trends across all video platforms at the national and then local footprint. This person must be engaging, passionate and able to drive vision steeped in data to the marketplace. If you are the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Comcast may be the place for you.
Oversees, develops and engages the Research Leads across the Comcast Spotlight footprint, demonstrating strong leadership to coach and stretch current team as we build towards an Audience and Attribution based world
Build relationships and engage with internal and external stakeholders from a cross-function of discipline and business units to collaboratively work toward success. Communicate (up, down, side-ways) with leaders, team members, peers and colleagues.
Implements and enforces approved research standards, policies and procedures, holds area research teams accountable to Divisional/Corporate standards and performance goals
Provides guidance and recommendations on Product/Solution/Category/Multiscreen initiatives and lead team to roll out to Sales, support campaigns, while providing feedback to Corporate Marketing, Research and Sales partners
Provide clear POVs Communicate to clients, live, with presence and authority. Make data concepts simple. Be alert to client needs and trends that can enhance Spotlight's value proposition, and surface those internally, with passion.
Be knowledgeable about the multiscreen ad market, both Spotlight's traditional competitive set (broadcast, national cable, local print and radio) and current digital competitive set (Facebook, Google--YouTube and Search, DSPs).
Support the VP of Research in building partnerships across Spotlight stakeholders, and Comcast at large, in product development, sales marketing and analytics to ensure the research and sales team is fully
Maintain a very close contact with vendors such as Nielsen, comScore/Rentrak, Horowitz, SmithGeiger, etc. Establish clear and efficient client-vendor practices that hold each side accountable to each other.
- BA/BS incommunications, data analytics, social sciences or related field required
- 6-8 years of experience in digital video/TV media research, data analysis
- Experience managing digital advertising effectiveness measurement (e.g. audience, attitudinal, behavioral, closed-loop)
- Experience working with 3rd party measurement partners (e.g. Millward Brown, Nielsen/Catalina, comScore, Adobe, etc.)
- Experience in quantitative market research techniques, including survey design and analysis
- Ability to summarize complex findings and make them digestible for non-researchers
- Interest in presenting research findings and recommendations to internal and external partners
- Must be a team player with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer