Partner Sales Manager
Responsible for developing and implementing strategies for marketing and selling Comcast Business Class products and services through indirect distribution channels. Manage ongoing relationships with third-party vendors. Drive revenue and ensure the Partners are positioning Comcast Business Class solutions to their end-users. This job is an individual contributor role that does not have direct responsibility for supervision or performance
- Drives incremental monthly sales to meet or exceed budget objectives with 20-25 partners in a given market or region who are sub agents of a master agent or direct agents/partners.
- Recruit, train and support the partner community to position the entire suite of Comcast Business Class solutions.
- Ensures consistent completion of product install by partnering with regions relative to survey, order acceptance, construction process, and post sale process.
- Serves as liaison to channel partners with regards to any sales related issues.
- Recruit new direct partners and master sub partners.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel via SalesForce.com.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
-5-7 years of experience managing indirect sales relationships within the partner channel required
-Experience supporting and recruiting within the Partner Channel required
-Keen knowledge of the telecommunications industry and I/P packet-switched technology
-Understanding of data, voice and video applications and Integrated Access Devices
-Understanding of WAN, CPE and LAN architecture and topology.
-Understanding of the OSI mode l with emphasis on layer 2 and 3 technology and construction necessary for diverse builds
-Ability to build effective internal relationships with regional resources in order to support the partners
-Strong knowledge of computers and the Internet (browsing, email, etc.)
-Excellent oral and written communications skills.
-Possess Technical Skills related to Commercial Applications (routers and Networking desired
-Team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly (flexible with hours and duties).
-Ability to quickly make decisions independently.
-National and Regional travel required.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer