Manager Intake Engineering
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the
planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages
projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements,
and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct
testing. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering
performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may
include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter
guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to
drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting
of departmental budget.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications,
including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments
in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary
point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and
applications. Organizes software update process for existing
applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines,
specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares
periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports
findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments
within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work
performance reviews and Ensures work performance is adhering to Company
standards. Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer