Eng1, Software Dev and Engineering
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Completes programming and implements, tests, and debugs defined software components.
As an Engineer for the Commercial Voice Software development team you will be responsible for continuous integration and delivery for our developed applications and services. Duties will include, but are not limited to, designing and developing automation tools for writing and deploying microservices in containers. Additionally you will be collaborating with both internal and external team members through the full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Reviews, writes, and edits codes. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results, and technical manuals.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies related to area of engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge of their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
- Programming experience with Java and Scala is preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer