Senior Software Engineer-National Backbone Team
As a member of the National Backbone Engineering team, you will be responsible for planning and designing new software and applications for network automation and network monitoring.
Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity within Backbone Engineering. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects as necessary to deliver needed tools and applications.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and development needed automation, tools and data analysis.
- Trains Network and Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications and tools.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if solutions fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preference given to candidates with the following skill sets:
Strong networking knowledge required.
Cisco NSO / Tail F experience
Experience working with and developing APIs
Experience working with and developing databases
Experience with distributed systems
Chef / Ansible / Puppet etc.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.