.NET Software Engineer
.NET SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Software Engineer is responsible for developing .NET, web-based software solutions. This development will occur in an Agile environment, typically in fixed-length sprints (Scrum methodology), with regular interactions with Product Owners and other team members. The Software Engineer is expected to produce high-quality software, to function effectively as a member of a team, to interact with management and other members of the development group, and to continually seek to improve themselves and the company.
Job Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's)
Proficiency in the following programming languages and applications:
- C# and/or VB.NET for web applications and servers
- SQL Server 2008 or greater, relational database design and programming
- REST/RESTful web service design and programming (Web API, Nancy, ServiceStack, etc.)
- Unit testing frameworks (NUnit, xUnit, Jasmine, etc.)
- Package management (npm, Bower, NuGet, etc.)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Message queues or event bus technologies (MSMQ, RabbitMQ, NServiceBus, etc.)
- Automated builds/Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, CruiseControl, TFS, etc.)
- Cloud-based services (SaaS/IaaS/PaaS)
- Data warehouses, reporting, and analysis
- Very large database (VLDB) design and tuning
- XML, XML Schemas, XPath queries, etc.
- Familiarity with the Media/Cable industry
Supervisory responsibilities The Software Engineer will have no supervisory responsibilities, but must function well within project teams, working with Product Managers, tech leads, and other team members.
Working conditions The Software Engineer will work within the company's offices, based on hours agreed upon by their manager. The Software Engineer will be expected to dress and behave professionally.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer