Sr. Analyst, Data Quality
Sr. Analyst, Data Quality
Comcast is expanding an Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) team, including advanced analytics across multiple large data sets. The role of the Sr. Data Quality Analyst is to track the quality and completeness of data across various business systems as they are managed in our enterprise systems. This position will be responsible for writing data quality requirements based on the ingestion and processing of data, creating dashboards and completing analyses to detect, resolve, and validate the life cycle of data quality issues. This is an analytical and technical role. The pace is challenging but realistic.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Data Profiling Profile files and databases, identify business rules and requirements based on the ingestion and processing of data
- Analysis Complete analyses to detect, resolve, and validate the life cycle of data quality issues
- Identify and define logic to ensure that data anomalies are detected and contained within thresholds
- Identify patterns, trends and inconsistencies; draw conclusions and provide recommendations in the form of remediation, corrective and preventative actions.
- Stakeholder Engagement capture business rules and filtering unique to data use and business decision making
- Technical Writing requirements, event summaries and recommendations (etc.)
- Process Modeling Understand and document the lineage of data as it moves and is transformed through various systems
- Performs all business intelligence analysis and data exploitation. Extracts signals and signatures from raw data, integrates that information with other data sources and compiles/disseminates results to customers.
- Recommends improvements to competitive business intelligence reports and interpretation of data by sales, business development, product, and executive committees.
- Plans and executes system testing. Requires knowledge of the customer's mission and technology used to accomplish a given task.
- Leads the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects and initiatives delivery.
- Develops, maintains, and reports all relevant product, site, and customer metrics and applies findings to develop appropriate goals and projections.
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical and forecasting tools and statistical analysis.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to design and implement data quality metrics:
- Knowledge of tools to query and manipulate data in varying file formats
- Knowledge of referential and large data formats and file structures
- Ability to apply the principles of data quality standards
- Knowledge of databases, including big data technologies
- Knowledge of programming and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Convey complex technical issues/problems to developers in a clear/concise manner
- Ability to convey complex concepts to business stakeholders in terms relevant to the business
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent data analysis skill
- Organized, structured, methodical
- Analytical with strong problem solving ability
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- 6+ years of relevant employment experience
- 3+ years of experience interpreting data models, data dictionaries and queries
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of account, device, service, operations and marketing domains
- Exposure to the following a plus: Hadoop, Teradata, Tableau
- Bachelor's degree required with related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. Ability to analyze complex data, business processes, and information flow needs. Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to drive data quality concepts and solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer