Business Development Representative
Help us connect the world by building relationships and broadening our network reach to provide cutting-edge technology to strategic areas. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people. As an empowered Business Development Representative (BDR), you will develop and present business cases that expand Comcast's premier business network to support these opportunities and future growth. By leveraging your communication and collaboration skills, you will create a compelling future by developing and maintaining strong relationships that propel economic growth within our community.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships and business partnerships with small to medium-sized municipalities, commercial real estate developers, property owners/managers, and key constituents.
- Consults with these business prospects to understand their communications and innovations needs and barriers, and identifies and promotes Comcast solutions.
- Leverages relationships to generate new business opportunities for Comcast companies.
- Designs approaches that best position projects or ideas; leverages supportive factors, addresses barriers, and manages unique needs and preferences of key internal and external decision makers.
- Provides strategic and tactical analysis, guidance and recommendations to upper management for network expansion activities within a specific geographical territory to promote sales.
- Primarily sources network expansion projects through the development of key external relationships and secondarily through systems and tools.
- Exceeds monthly targets through the development and approval of ROI/performance-based network expansion business cases.
- Partners with cross-functional departments during all phases of expansion projects (planning, execution, and closeout) to ensure target results are achieved.
- Prioritizes and balances, organizes, and allocates time, actions, resources, and initiatives in ways that generate results, especially in fast-moving or uncertain situations.
- Consults with business owners, real estate developers, and community and municipal leaders to understand their innovation and communications needs and identify and promote applicable Comcast solutions; engages various Comcast departments to support client solutions and generate new business for the company.
- Collaborates and liaises with cross-functional teams to incorporate business requirements across all new initiatives.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Participates in strategic planning and the day-to-day management of strategic revenue partners.
- Prepares and acquires approval for business cases in support of business development and network expansion opportunities.
- Works with multiple teams in the development and management of business unit performance reporting.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from senior management team.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
Real Estate, Business or Marketing
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience (Strategic Sales, Telecommunications or Commercial Real Estate preferred)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer