Sr. iOS Developer, Xfinity Home
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Senior iOS Developerto join our Digital Home iOS team.This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of Xfinity Home Security & Automation interactive products with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role, you will collaborate with other mobile, web and embedded systems developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for existing iOS apps as well as building new iOS apps from scratch, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building mobile applications (Obj-C, Swift) that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions of users) as well as home automation devices and wireless mesh networks (e.g. ZigBee and Z-Wave).
-4+ years professional experience in creating native iOS applications, preferably ones that have been approved for release in the App Store
- Familiarity with common libraries and Cocoa design patterns
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to think critically and independent
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of streaming protocols like RTSP, WebRTC
- Build and optimize native video players.
- Experience with building live streaming apps at large-scale (>1MM users) platforms with high availability.
- Experience with video codecs like H.264, MJPEG
- Knowledge of source control and code review systems (Github, Gerrit)
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
CIM Engineers are passionate about teamwork, growing their skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. Our work is our play we are fortunate to do what we love, every day! Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer