Responsible for following general instructions and with discretion as to work details, performs accounting tasks of a difficult nature requiring an experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices. This position's responsibilities include general accounting and analysis, assistance with the monthly / quarterly Adjusted EBITDA analysis and assisting with the quarterly forecast / long range plan/ annual budget process.Provides specialized or general analysis support in various accounting functions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Property Accounting, General Accounting and the like. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Reconcile various monthly corporate accrual and expense accounts.
- Perform all accounting and analysis for legal and professional fees.
- Assist with monthly / quarterly Adjusted EBITDA analysis for presentation to management.
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific cost account ledgers. Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, cost accounting methods, procedures and controls.
- Establishes and maintains property accounting records. Reviews the preparation of various financial statements, records and reports compiled by lower level accounting support personnel.
- Prepares financial reports analyzing data for management review.
- Calculates payments to regulatory authorities based on a review of contracts and regulations.
- Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results.
- Develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and re-occurring journal entries.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Accounting, Finance
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer