Senior Accountant, General Accounting
Responsible for providing financial analysis, reporting, and general support to Managers and Directors. Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Responsible for the financial close process for assigned Business Units.
- Tracks and analyzes key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements. Drives operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Participates in the development and utilization of financial models and analysis. Prepares budgets and forecasts as directed by Manager.
- Evaluates financial risks and opportunities by creating and reviewing operational and financial metrics.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Researches variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and financial metrics and explains results.
- Prepare fluctuation analysis of monthly operating results.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for assigned businesses.
- Present/Communicate monthly operating results to the assigned business units; Provide business units continuous support on related accounting issues.
- Compile, adjust and evaluate accruals for assigned business units to ensure accuracy; Record monthly journal entries in Oracle Financial Application.
- Perform monthly Journal Entries related to Cost of Goods Sold and prepare monthly reconciliation for Inventory Held for Resale associated with assigned businesses.
- Reviews journal entries during month and year-end processes.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accurate financial information is presented to management at month-end.
- Update monthly account reconciliations in support of ending asset and liability balances and research and resolve reconciling items.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level:-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:-Accounting, Finance
Years Experience:-Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer