Director, Content Strategy
This strategic position within Xfinity Video Entertainment Services will oversee critical programmer relationships and is responsible for managing related requirements for content partnerships, including project definition, business justification, development and performance. This individual will act as a product champion for Xfinity Video Services, facilitate the successful integration of content across X1 and Stream products and enable data-driven decision-making. The individual will provide leadership and shape direction for multiple functional areas within the organization, ensuring processes are managed effectively and adhere to obligations. They will be accountable for making sure that content is aligned with the organization's overall objectives and/or the promotional strategy for a product or brands. Must show a proven track record of working in partnership across multiple parts of internal and external client organizations in order to drive strategy.
- Responsible for strategic vision and rationale, definition of business requirements, cross-functional execution, and operations of content-driven initiatives.
- Utilize data insights, competitive analysis and market trends to assess fit, feasibility, and impact of content opportunities on Xfinity's video business; oversees and montiors staff to drive projects from conceptualization to completion.
- Identifies opportunities for audience growth and customer satisfaction, drives multi-platform video performance and monetization. Establishes content best practices.
- Leads collaborative programming initiatives through hands-on project management and successful cultivation of ongoing internal and external partnerships.
- Ensures key internal stakeholders and executives are up to date on programmer accounts and activities.
- Partner with Technical and Operations teams to ensure that content and product experiences align with rights, understanding legal context and commitments.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Develops and manages quality, effective communications across the internal organization and with external audiences, identifying opportunities for audience growth.
- Interacts with direct reports/peers/management/customers/vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Entrepreneurial thinker with the ability to craft strategic stories in PowerPoint around business initiatives.
- Strong conceptual understanding of digital technologies and relevant trends that could impact the organization's business short and long-term.
- Rich quantitative and analytical skill set.
- Excellent track record identifying content, developing content models and navigating deal requirements for multiplatform programming experiences.
- Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely Programming initiatives with an emphasis on performance.
- Proven ability to work across an organization at all levels with technical, creative, and Executive team members and adapt to fast-changing business conditions.
- MBA Preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer