Supervisor, Customer Service Strategy & Operations
This is a Supervisor role for the West Division Client Services Department, a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment which aims to provide superior service across the company. This individual is responsible for providing the highest level of support to internal Comcast business partners by establishing and maintaining positive, productive and trusting relationships with their team, peers and management. They motivate others to make a difference in their daily work and influence positive change in current processes, procedures and systems. The ideal candidate should have a mastery of communication, active listening, and problem solving skills. They will accurately and confidently handle all internal and external customer inquiries. They will partner with their lead in the development of their team; identifying areas of opportunity and influencing improvement through regular coaching and mentoring interactions.
This position will ensure high quality results and assist in maintaining department accuracy by fostering innovative approaches based on root cause analysis. Analysis of processes permits evaluation and proposed future improvements. Understanding of end-to-end work flows allows for exercising sound judgment in decision making, acting in the best interest of both the customer and Comcast. In this role, it is necessary to have the ability to act independently while adhering to established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day Customer Care Operations including procedures, policies, and supporting the Customer Service Strategy Operations team.
- Support and contribute to a collaborative team environment, continuously learning new skills.
- Act as a single point of contact for the team. Assists with all issues. Displays a sense of urgency, ownership and accountability through resolution.
- Overcome objections and resolve team member's concerns through active listening, empathy, professionalism and problem solving to increase satisfaction and foster long-term collaborative partnerships.
- Support and contribute to a collaborative department culture while implementing strategies and techniques which influence positive change.
- Coach and mentor to drive improvement in areas of identified opportunities
- Capable of sharing best practices with team members to promote the highest quality of customer service.
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
- Requires a deep understanding of company standards and goals.
- Use expert skills to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and other general inquiries while conveying relevant information and directions in an organized and concise manner.
- Provides customer service leadership with regard to all facets of customer contact and operations analysis.
- Proactively build value and enhance internal customer relations during every interaction by probing to understand business needs and current level of satisfaction. Follow established escalation procedures to expedite prompt resolution.
- Assume complete ownership of any recurring technical issues and collaborates with other business partners as necessary.
- Thoroughly understand billing system functionality, to include work order entry, product codes and ledger transactions.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Comcast's products and services, keep up-to-date with new product offerings and marketing campaigns.
- Provides customer service leadership with regard to all facets of operations analysis, performance management, and time entry.
- Administers customer service programs in adherence with national and system customer service objectives.
- Manages and trains Customer Care Operations Specialist and Coordinators.
- Assists in monitoring customer service productivity in accordance with established policy to assure adherence as well as completeness.
- Ensures adherence to company policy, procedures, standards, and goals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Business
- Generally requires 4-7 year's related experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of ACSR (or other customer service/billing system); proficient in Microsoft Office and web based tools and applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead individuals/teams and partner cross-functionally.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer