Regional Director, Advertising Research- Chicago
In today’s world of constant media consumption, reaching customers with quality, impactful advertising is more important than ever.& At the center of that consumption is Spotlight, the ad sales arm of Comcast that provides premium (digital) video advertising to clients of all shapes and sizes.& We sit at a unique focal point of cross platform consumption with a treasure trove of data and cache of premium inventory.&
The Regional Director, Advertising Research Midwest will lead a team of researchers who service a 12 market regional footprint to provide current and trending audience information and behaviors to advise our clients on the best advertising solutions for their products and services.& This person will be an expert on cross platform methods, with the ability to translate complex data concepts into simple narratives to match client needs to Spotlight’s key value propositions.& This person must be engaging, passionate and able to drive vision steeped in data to the marketplace.&
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction for research team(s) related to gathering, analyzing, and knowledgeable about key media research concepts such as targeting, attribution, and their underlying mechanics.& & Develops, oversees and engages research and sales teams in the identification of competitive characteristics of a business's target market and industry and designs strategic solutions.
- Leads, coaches and motivates research team members on projects that compile, analyze and interpret data. Develops team members to translate research findings into concise and effective advertiser presentations and marketing pieces.
-Continuously identify smart, energetic, and informed professionals to join the team. Develop talent through challenging thinking, stretch assignments, and continuous, constructive feedback.
-Works closely with Division Research lead to identify training needs in markets for research related products and resources and works with research team to facilitate.&
- Build relationships and engage with internal and external stakeholders from a cross-function of discipline and business units to collaboratively work toward success. Communicate (up, down, side-ways) with leaders, team members, peers and colleagues
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership and develop data-driven solutions and narratives around Spotlight core offerings for client support and customer care initiatives utilizing internal and external resources.
- Interprets market research data for managers to assist in their decision making, cascades research information from Corporate to market research leads
- Participates in client meetings/sales calls with super key clients as appropriate to secure maximum value of Spotlight products.& Involved in the internal strategic planning for key accounts through key account meetings.
- Provide support and guidance on Product/Solution/Category/Multiscreen initiatives, be able to translate the narratives to market level differentiators, and lead team to roll out to Sales, support campaigns, provide feedback to division & Corporate
- Proactively introduce Spotlight Thought Leadership to major agencies and clients, and act as primary resource for key agency relationships; provide market feedback to Corporate
- Competitive and market SME for Sales guidance on current landscape; identifying white paper and anti-competitive one-sheet needs to Division.& Monitors and evaluates industry/market performance using a competitive media database
- Acts as key partner to business leadership team to proactively generate strategic analyses and forecasts in the areas of product preferences, sales coverage, market penetration, market practices and other impacts on competitive marketplace
- Establishes research standards, policies and procedures for the division, holds area research teams accountable to Divisional/Corporate standards and performance goals
- Proficient in multiple data resources and methodology in LPM markets, as well as NDM, Fusion, and Diary market methodologies
- Contributes to strategic planning initiatives with region and/or division senior leadership (sales, research, finance, etc.)
- Understands, tracks, and recommends changes to company's programs, schedules, look and marketing campaigns.
- Builds and oversees the execution of research projects and communicates marketing research design and analytics in simplified ways to the appropriate internal and external clients.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Exhibits exceptional interpersonal skills and maintains high level of professionalism that ensures superior customer service in both written and verbal interactions.
- Embraces, encourages and leads change with positivity, open-mindedness and ownership that helps team members, department leads, clients and agencies embrace industry shifts.
- Builds the Regional Research plan in alignment to enterprise and local visions by communicating and aligning actions and expectations of the Research team members. Encourages team to pursue opportunities that invest time and resources where they can have the greatest impact.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates customer needs/ expectations, and builds proposed solutions that align to the strategic priorities of Research and the sales function
- Demonstrates resilience and composure in the face of setbacks, and seeks out and uses feedback to improve performance of self, team, and impact of work.
- Actively promotes a culture of respect that values individual differences and diversity through identification and development of talent.
- Demonstrates and encourages a culture of intellectual curiosity of the sales function, industry trends and utilizes the information to identify simplified narratives for key clients.
- Seeks internal and external feedback to anticipate business or Research team needs and identifies solutions/feedback to provide to Division Research leadership.
- Demonstrates leadership and influence when partnering with sales team members, agencies, clients, key stakeholders, and senior leadership of the Research function.& Builds expectations for team members to also demonstrate presence and influence.
- Experienced in data analytics for advanced advertising methods and attribution modeling, and is able to provide expertise and guidance to sales teams, agencies and clients to identify appropriate audience targeting and illustrate multi-platform campaign effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Regular Travel required to regional sales offices.
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer