Roku Manager, Software Dev & Engineering, Video applications
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER, ROKU
The Comcast Technology and Product division is transforming how Comcast customers access and enjoy entertainment, communications, and home management services across all mediums: web, mobile, and TV. By assembling the country's top developers and thinkers, we are rapidly becoming the premier environment for building and launching one-of-a-kind experiences that make daily life easier and more entertaining for our customers.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? With millions of people using our services, a career at Comcast offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. We are seeking a full-time Engineering Manager who uses and loves streaming media devices to join the team that produces the Xfinity Stream TV channel on Roku and other devices.
Who does the Roku Manager of Engineering work with?
The person in this position will lead an engineering team developing software for the next generation of video applications on stream media devices. The manager will work with other delivery owners, product owners, engineering managers, and technical platform owners to ensure that all development meets specifications and requirements.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
The manager will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to all aspects of the team's projects and activities, developing and implementing strategies, project standards, and performance metrics.
You will be working closely with our product and user experience teams as an advocate for the platform; you'll help build the best video experience and deliver it efficiently to potentially millions of users all over the continental US and other countries.
- Organize the team to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Be an expert on and an advocate for the Roku platform; propose platform-specific innovations
- Be an advocate for other streaming media devices, such as smart TVs
- Work with other leaders to align the engineering roadmap with product and business goals
- Work with other leaders to communicate project status
- Share implementation details with developers on other platforms
- Represent the client teams in new product and feature discussions
- Experience actually shipping products (preferably software) that customers use
- A passion for user-owned devices and building the best experiences possible
- Excellent judgment; excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent-Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Diversity and Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer