Sr. Manager, Data Visualization - Cognos
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV, Internet, entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, television and movies. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come.
Comcast's Enterprise Business Intelligence team is looking for a Senior Manager, Visualizations to help us architect and build robust data solutions that can be used by a range of data consumers throughout the enterprise. You'll be surrounded by a diverse group of fun and dedicated individuals, the role will use a variety of tools and technologies to solve our complex engineering problems. If you have a passion for leading a small team of top notch visualization and business intelligence talent to solve problems, this is the role for you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Transforming large, complex data into business assets that serve both the Enterprise Business Intelligence team and analysts throughout the organization
- Provide expertise and leadership on making technical decisions, mentoring junior analysts, managing contracted resources, delivering data assets and applications that provide business value
- Work with data modelers/analysts to understand the business problems they are trying to solve and create or augment data assets to feed their analysis
- Serve as the Cognos technical expert for the department
- Develop and support Centers of Excellence (COEs) for tools like Tableau and Cognos
- Explore and recommend innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure our data assets meet our data quality standards. It's important!
- Have fun in a fast paced energetic environment
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex analysis and insights into relevant business discussions with diverse groups of leaders and business partners.
- Leadership skills including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience consulting with internal clients and business
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: develop interactive dashboards and scorecards
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Project management experience
- 8+ years of experience with SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- 5+ years of Cognos experience
- 1+ year of Tableau experience
- need to be flexible to changing priorities and comfortable in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Comcast billing systems, tech ops and financial measures a plus
WHAT YOU GET:
- An opportunity to work with an excellent and exciting visualization team
- An awesome work environment
- Work on challenging Big Data projects
- Learn new stuff
- Yup, we'll even pay you a competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package you ask? You got it!
- A really cool job you can brag to your friends about
What are you waiting for? Interviews are occurring immediately, don't miss out on this incredible opportunity!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer